- Hybrid (Human and Machine Intelligent) components integration
- Research and Development of Machine Learning and Crowdsourcing components
- Maintenance and Development of the HuMaIN's web platform
- SELFIE: Self-aware Information Extraction from Digitized Biocollections. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. 2017 IEEE 13th International Conference on eScience. 2017.
- Task Design and Crowd Sentiment in Biocollections Information Extraction. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing. 2017.
- Cooperative Human-Machine Data Extraction from Biological Collections. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on eScience. 2016.
I am a PhD Student of the Computer & Information Science & Engineering (CISE) Department of the University of Florida. I am currently a Graduate Research Assistant under the guidance of Dr. José Fortes. My research interests are Data Science, and Big Data.
I received my Systems Engineer and Master in Computer Science degrees from the University of Los Andes (Venezuela).
HuMaIN: Human- and Machine-Intelligent Software Elements for Cost-Effective Scientific Data Digitization.