Icaro is a PhD Student in the Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering (CISE) at the University of Florida. He is currently a Graduate Research Assistant under the guidance of Dr. José Fortes. His research interests are Data Science, and Big Data.
Icaro received both his Systems Engineer and Masters in Computer Science degrees from the University of Los Andes, Venezuela.
- Hybrid (Human and Machine Intelligent) components integration
- Research and Development of Machine Learning and Crowdsourcing components
- Maintenance and Development of the HuMaIN’s web platform
HuMaIN: Human- and Machine-Intelligent Software Elements for Cost-Effective Scientific Data Digitization.
- SELFIE: Self-aware Information Extraction from Digitized Biocollections. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. 2017 IEEE 13th International Conference on eScience. 2017.
- Task Design and Crowd Sentiment in Biocollections Information Extraction. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing. 2017.
- Cooperative Human-Machine Data Extraction from Biological Collections. Icaro Alzuru, Andréa Matsunaga, Maurício Tsugawa, and José Fortes. 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on eScience. 2016.