Matthew J Collins
- Software and infrastructure development for iDigBio
- Big data analysis and interpretation with Spark to understand data connectedness to improve identifier practices
- Cloud, virtualization, and research cluster administrator
- Board member UF Carpentry Club
- Advisor for UF Data Science and Informatics student organization
Matthew is the technical operations manager and scientific programmer for UF's Advanced Computing and Information Systems laboratory. He provides for the care and feeding of the lab technical resources, both human and machine. In previous positions he has been a system administrator and web applications developer for the Florida Museum of Natural History at UF as well as ISPs and consulting companies. He has over 20 years of IT experience focused on open source software development in cooperation with scientists and engineers. Most recently he has received an NSF EAGER grant to explore identifier practices in biodiversity community.